A rescue dog in Tennessee saved a family living next door, after altering her owner that their house was on fire.

According to the City of Franklin, Roux, a 3-year-old Belgian Malinois, began frantically barking at her owner’s front door.  When the owner opened the front door to see what Roux was barking at, she flew past her owner running over towards the neighbour’s house.

The owner followed the pup, and realized the neighbour’s home was on fire and began banging on the door to wake the family of three who were sleeping inside.  The family was able to escape safely!

According to the Franklin Fire Marshal Andy King, the fire was a result of fireworks.  The fire had started outside the home from fireworks that the home owner had thrown in the trash.