The CHFI Big Bag of Cash Contest is BACK! Every weekday at 8:10am, 1:10pm and 5:10pm – you get a chance to play for up to 10,000 in cash every time we play!
Listen every weekdays at 8:10am, 1:10pm and 5:10pm for your cue to call. If you’re the 15th caller through to 416-872-CHFI (2434), you’ll get to play The CHFI Big Bag of Cash Contest! Open one bag and see how much is inside. Keep going and the money keeps growing. Go too far, and you risk losing it all! But if you’re a CHFI Loyalty Club member, you’ll walk away with $100 guaranteed … so click here to sign-up!
The CHFI Big Bag of Cash Contest … only on Toronto’s Perfect Music Mix, 98.1 CHFI!
“The CHFI Big Bag of Cash™ Contest” CONTEST RULES
Rogers Broadcasting Limited (“Rogers”)
1. (a) “Contest Period” starts at 8:10am on Thursday, March 7, 2013 and ends at 5:10pm on Friday, June 7, 2013, the “Contest Closing Date”. To enter, listen to 98.1 CHFI (“CHFI”) weekdays during the Contest Period for the CHFI Big Bag of Cash™ (“CHFI BIG BAG OF CASH”) cue to call. The pre-determined caller (caller 15) to call the CHFI Contest line (416) 872-2434 will be deemed to be the selected entrant to play the CHFI BIG BAG OF CASH Contest.
There will be one hundred and thirty eight (138) Contest plays during the Contest Period, at approximately 8:10am, 1:10pm and 5:10pm. All times are Eastern Times.
** Please note: there won’t be giveaways on March 29, 2013
(b) Once the on-air personality has confirmed caller fifteen (15), the caller will be deemed a selected entrant and the game commences. The selected entrant will choose a bag to open as announced by a CHFI representative; the entrant will then either have the choice to keep the gift they have chosen or the choice to open another bag, which either can be, more cash or their cash taken away (this will be determined by the sound of a buzzer). When an entrant stops playing they will be eligible to win the gift they opened. The number of bag amounts and the total amount of money in each bag will be pre-determined by Station management and will be kept secret from the entrant. If there is a dispute as to which gift the entrant opened, the decision, which will be final, will be made by the Station in its sole discretion.
Callers will have five (5) seconds to respond once the call is answered. If the telephone line is dead when answered by CHFI, or no audible response is heard, or no one responds after five (5) seconds, CHFI will answer the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call. In the event a call is cut off before all personal data is collected, CHFI will make its best efforts to make contact with the cut off caller provided enough personal information was gathered in order to correctly identify the cut off caller. In the event two (2) or more calls come through on the same line, all such callers will be advised to hang up and try again and the next call in sequence and the next call in sequence will replace that call.
(c) In the event that a selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a signed release and acknowledgment form as indicated below, the prize will be forfeited.
(d) Entrants may enter as many times as they like during the Contest Period, however if their call has been answered by CHFI, they are unable to play or win again, even though they have not won anything during the Contest play. Only one (1) winner / player per household.
2. No purchase, expenditure or investment is necessary to enter this Contest. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, may not be transferred or exchanged and may not be converted to cash. Rogers reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize.
3. Participants will have a chance to win a minimum of $0, (if you are member of the CHFI Loyalty Club, you will be eligible to win a minimum of $100 even if you have opened a gift that loses all your money) and a maximum of $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) throughout the Contest Period. To become a member of the CHFI Loyalty Club, go to www.chfi.com and fill all your information at the Loyalty Club section. The Contest concludes on the Contest Closing Date.
- it may take up to four (4) weeks for cheques to be issued. Once the prize is ready for pick-up, the winner will need to make arrangements to come to the 98.1 CHFI offices during regular business hours to pick-up and sign for their prize.
4. In order to claim the cash prize, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited, mathematical skill testing, posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time. Rogers judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the Contest and the awarding of prizes. A valid form of government issued I.D will be required before the prize can be claimed.
5. Entrants will be required to return a signed release and acknowledgment form before being declared a winner, as well as present a piece of valid government issued photo ID that must match the information given to the CHFI representative at the time of entry.
6. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her entry, name, and city of residence and/or photograph, voice or video recording in any publicity carried out by Rogers and its advertising agencies, without further compensation. Winners consent to their photograph being taken by Rogers for such use, without further compensation. All entries become the property of Rogers.
7. This Contest is open to all residents of the Greater Toronto Area who are 18 years of age and older as of the date of entry and are able to listen to 98.1 CHFI on terrestrial radio, except employees of Rogers, its parent and affiliate companies; its representatives and agents, the Contest suppliers, any persons residing in their respective households  and any immediate family members . The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
8. No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants.
9. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible callers who called during the Contest Period. Rogers is unaware of how many callers there may be.
11. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Rogers. Entrants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
12. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
 Household is defined as a separate, self-contained residence which has a unique municipal address. Proof may be required to be provided to ensure compliance with this rule. Rogers in its sole discretion will determine whether a household meets this condition.
 Immediate family members are defined as parent(s) (including step parents), spouse (including common law and same sex), spouse of the father or mother (including common law and same sex), father-in-law (including common law and same sex), mother-in-law (including common law and same sex), brother (including step brother and brother-in-law), sister (including step sister and sister-in-law), children (including adopted and stepchildren) and grandparents.