The first five contestants revealed for The Bachelor Canada are, from left: Chantelle, Clarice, Melissa Marie, Rebecca and Sophie!
A real estate agent from Toronto, a Playboy model from Vancouver and a pastor from Sylvan Lake are among the women who will compete for the affections of Canada’s first Bachelor star Brad Smith.
The 25 “ladies in waiting” for The Bachelor Canada will be unveiled five at a time each Wednesday morning on Breakfast Television.
The women will vie for the attention of CFL free agent Brad Smith.
Smith will be the first man to have a group of bachelorettes vying for the final red rose in the Canadian version of the popular ABC reality series The Bachelor.
The first five contestants revealed Wednesday on City TV’s Breakfast Television are:
• Melissa Marie, 28 (Playboy model), from North Vancouver, B.C. “Let’s just say I’m competitive. I will stand out for sure.”
• Rebecca, a.k.a. “Bubba,” 27 (real estate agent), from Toronto. “I hope the Bachelor is good looking and super rich. And funny and charming and all that other stuff.”
• Chantelle, 25 (pastor), from Sylvan Lake, Alta. “It’s challenging to find guys who respect what I do.”
• Clarice, 25 (office administrator), from Toronto. “I am grounded, adventurous and fun to be around.”
• Sophie, 26 (university recruitment agent), from Moncton, N.B. “I think I should get the final rose because I’m fun loving and looking for love.”
The winner will have to like sports. It doesn’t hurt to be bilingual either. Smith grew up in the small town of Hudson, Que., and speaks French. He most recently played for the Edmonton Eskimos, but has also played for the Toronto Argonauts and was a receiver on the Queen’s University football team in Kingston, Ont.
Brad Smith’s father, Larry Smith, is a former Montreal Alouettes star running back, former commissioner of the Canadian Football League and former president of the Alouettes. He’s currently a Conservative member of the Senate, having been appointed by Prime Minister Stephen Harper in 2010.
Following the series premiere on Oct. 3, The Bachelor Canada moves to its regular time slot, Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m., beginning Oct. 10 on Citytv.
Any early favourites to win Brads’ heart?