There will be road closures for the run, we’ve got all the details inside!
Residents and visitors are being encouraged to come out and enjoy the Toronto Yonge Street 10K run on Sunday.
While businesses in the area will be open to pedestrian traffic, some road closures will result from the run.
With lots of roadwork taking place across the city, people are being encouraged to take public transit as an alternative.
Yonge Street between Lawrence Avenue and Erskine Avenue will be closed from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 22 to accommodate the formation area for the run.
Along the route for the run, closures will occur between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the following locations:
- Yonge Street between Erskine Street and Richmond Street
- Richmond Street from Yonge Street to Peter Street
- Peter Street/Blue Jays Way between Richmond Street and Front Street
- Westbound Front Street between Blue Jays Way and Bathurst Street
- Bathurst Street from Front Street to Lake Shore Boulevard
- Fleet Street from Strachan Avenue to Fort York Boulevard
In addition, two other road closures related to the run will be in effect between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday on the following streets:
- Fort York Boulevard between Bathurst Street and Lake Shore Boulevard
- Strachan Avenue from Fleet Street to Lake Shore Boulevard
Note: After all runners pass an intersection, that intersection will reopen to traffic in the area.